While being on vacation is incredible, packing for vacation isn’t nearly as fun. Figuring out what you need to bring and how to fit everything in your suitcase can be a real hassle. Fortunately, packing doesn’t have to be a struggle! To help make your packing experience as painless as possible, the Henderson has put together a convenient guide to everything you’ll need for your trip to Destin FL.
For the Car
For many people in the Southeast, the Emerald Coast is just a short drive away. If you’re lucky enough to be within driving distance of Destin, you should pack your car with your road trip in mind. While most of your belongings will be stored in the trunk, there are some items that are better left accessible in your vehicle. Here are a few things that you’ll want to keep handy during your drive to Destin:
- GPS (or a smartphone with a GPS)
- Cell phone charger with car adapter
- Music, tablet, books, magazines, or other entertainment
- Paper towels and trash bags
- Medications and First Aid Kit
- Jumper cables
For Your Flight
If you live too far away for a road trip to Destin FL, you can fly into one of the three airports near the city (Destin-Fort Walton Beach Airport, Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport, Pensacola International Airport). When you pack your carry-on bag for your flight, be sure that all of your liquids are in 3.4 ounce containers and can fit in a quart-sized resealable bag. Here are some items that you will want to keep in your carry on bag instead of your checked luggage:
- Phone charger
- Devices, books, magazines, other entertainment and electronics
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- A day’s worth of clothing (in case your checked luggage goes missing)
While the Emerald Coast has a beautiful climate all year round, the weather does change a bit in each season. Here is a quick look at what the temperature is like throughout the year in Destin, so you can pack accordingly:
- In the winter, you will find average highs in the 60s and lows in the 40s.
- During the spring, you can expect highs in the upper 70s and lows in the 60s
- Summer typically brings highs in the upper 80s and lows in the mid 70s
- The autumn months usually have highs in the 70s and and lows in the 60s and 50s. For the most part, Destin is a casual place, where shorts, jeans, and T-shirts are just fine. However, if you plan on visiting some of the area’s restaurants, like Primrose, you will want to pack a few nice outfits for your date nights.
For the Beach
Of course, you will want to spend lots of time on the beach during your vacation! The Henderson offers guests exclusive access to our beautiful white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico. Here are a few items you will want to bring for your day at the beach:
- Bathing suit
- Flip flops
- Beach bag
- Books or magazines
To start planning your trip to Destin FL, learn about all of the wonderful amenities at The Henderson.